Friday 30 December 2016

'A Thousand Dreams of You' - an UWS 1984 MV





Well, Tung Pang-fei must be happy now, for I have actually become a night-owl just to work on this United We Stand MV! Since I watched UWS last Oct-Nov, I have always wanted to make a noir MV, or at least an MV with the 1930s feelings. I love the fact that Michael and Barbara starred in a series set in a transition period like the 30s, where it's not wuxia anymore but certainly it is not a modern drama yet. Thus, for UWS, it has to be a 1930-1940 jazzy song as well. I sleuthed iTunes and YouTube for days until I came across Leslie Cheung's beautiful 'A Thousand Dreams of You'. Then, as I listened to that song, I realised that this is the perfect song for Michael and Barbara in UWS. And TBH, who can resist Leslie's deep beautiful voice?!

Oh, and Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope for a more peaceful, healthier and happier 2017 for all... Blessings for you, and thank you so much for being with me throughout the year!

The song was written in 1937 by Fats Waller, but I daresay that Leslie Cheung definitely made this song popular. The Vimeo, Dailymotion and the second YouTube version (the total noir version) links are now here below.



The Noir YouTube:





Vimeo:


A Thousand Dreams of You (Noir), United We Stand 1984 MV from Icha74 on Vimeo.


Dailymotion:



A Thousand Dreams of You ('United We Stand' TVB... by icha74



The song's lyrics are as follows:


A Thousand Dreams of You

performed by Leslie Cheung


Oh, It's time to dream, a thousand dream of you
It's been so grand together, yes, together!
You thrilled me from the start
You brought the spring again
Your fingers touched the strings of my heart and made it sing again.

I hope you dream a thousand dreams of me
All things we're planed doing together
And if you do, I dream my whole life through

A thousand, a million, a zillion dreams of you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this. I think this might be the first time I have seen a UWS MV using this music. Most of the time its the original soundtrack or another lovely chinese song. This is very unique for me and it TOTALLY WORKS. Its so adorable! Thanks for making this Icha. XOXO

Icha said...

Yeah, I think for UWS, it should have the Noir feeling into it, cos it's from the 1930s period. That what makes this series stand out from the rest, for - yes, it is imaginary - but it fits into that very interesting period as well!

thank you for commenting, my favourite artist!