Tuesday 14 May 2019

Barbara Yung's 2019 commemoration

May you rest in peace, Barbara...
(& thank you my anon friend for the flowers & photos)

Thirty four years ago she left us... and yet, she is not forgotten. She is still remembered...

If Barbara was still alive, last week's birthday would be something I tweeted for her. Alas, we know it's not what's happening...

Still, I am lucky to have a friend who is studying in Cambridge at the moment. This dear friend of mine was willing to go to the Cambridge City Cemetery to give Barbara some flowers. Thank you very much, my dear friend!

And apparently, I'm not the only one with this idea. As my friend arrived in Lot 29, she found so many flowers already, and it was actually yesterday (GMT+0 in the afternoon of 13 May) that she went to the cemetery...

The latest photos of Barbara's grave with myriads of flowers is below after the break. Click here for my notes of visiting Barbara's grave in 2016 (by myself) and here for the 2017 visit (with Rob Radboud).




Barbara's grave 13 May 2019. Photo from my anon friend


Barbara's grave 13 May 2019. Photo from my anon friend


Barbara's grave 13 May 2019. Photo from my anon friend


Meanwhile, as I'm more and more certain that Barbara ended her life because of depression, please for anyone reading this message, if you need help, seek for it. Please trust that there is a peaceful, beautiful way out of your current state of continued sadness. I am not an expert on mental health, but I am certain that - had mental health issue been actively promoted in the 80s - it's very likely Barbara is still around.

So, let's assert again the belief that we all deserve happiness and a fulfilled life. Let's hug our dear selves and thank ourselves for still being alive, for still welcoming the new day with a smile from the heart. Let us believe that help is always just around the corner, and let us understand that whatever we do, as long as it is from Love, from within, it will nurture us...

Peace be upon us.

13 comments:

mwlee said...

Many thanks for your post on BY! Appreciate your efforts in providing a forum for all her fans to remember her. Thank you very much!

Simon said...

Hi Icha,
I'm in the north west of UK. Until a few days ago I always thought Barbara's grave was in HK therefore I was shocked to found out she was laid to rest in the UK all these years.
Please to know that you have a friend studying at Cambridge who can pay respect to Barbara.
The late famouse Chinese authour Louis Cha who wrote Condor Heroes and I believe personally selected Barbara for the lead actress role Huang Rong from 3000 hopefuls recieved his doctorate at Cambridge university in 2010. Does anyone know if Louis Cha visited Barbara's grave while he was town?

Icha said...

Hi Simon,

Oh wow, it's good that you now know how close you are to Barbara's final resting place then! You can visit her much more often than I can!

I'm not sure though whether Louis Cha visited Bab's grave when he was still alive. I know Ken Tong definitely did visit the grave; I've seen at least a photograph of it.

I hope you can visit Babs one day!

Simon said...

Here is the image of the late Chinese literary giant Louis Cha with Barbara Yung
https://list.wiki/images/f/ff/Weng_Meiling_and_Jin_Yong_11_-_Barbara_Yung.jpg

Louis Cha pen name Jin Yong was the greatest story book author in China, he is compared to Tolkien and George RR Martin but I think he is better than them.

Sally said...

Hi Icha, how r u? Do u have any idea why Rob website of BY closed down? I was just informed by him. I find it sudden.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how about book?

Anonymous said...

Are u able to get in touch with Rob?

Icha said...

Yes. He said he wanted to concentrate on the book first. He will make the website online again after the book is finished. Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Then why Rob said www.barbarayung.nl is not available anymore?

What caused him to decide that website, FB is not anymore?

How do you keep in contact with Rob?

Icha said...

Hi Anon,

I'm not sure why Rob decided that he better take his website down while he's working on his book, but I trust his judgement. I contacted him through his FB Messenger.

Anonymous said...

Hi Icha,

Why he said his website URL is no more? He means he intends to apply for another new URL address for his website?

Rob’s FB messenger is Radboud?

Anonymous said...

Hi Icha, are u able to login to rob’s BY website with password?

Icha said...

Hello, I cannot login to Rob's BY website because I don't have the login and password.

Rob's FB should be Rob Radboud.