Sunday 17 January 2016

"At Least I Have You" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV

This CLH Heung 1984 MV starts with some scenes from Ep 11. The MV mostly focuses on how CLH would sacrifice himself to protect Song Siu Ching because he loved her so, and how he was so scared to lose her (or got worried whenever she was upset). Several versions of "At Least I Have You" (Zhi Shao Hai You Ni) exist, and I do love some of them (Alan Tam's and Sandy Lam's in particular). But I picked Leslie Cheung's version because the tone  somehow fits with the MV theme. "The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung" 1984 is the property of TVB Hong Kong; no copyright infringement intended. Dedicated to Michael Miu, Barbara Yung, and Leslie Cheung...

I've uploaded the MV to both Vimeo and Dailymotion, both with high res and lower res (higher res tends to be difficult to stream). Hope they remain there. Pinyin and English translation of the lyrics are below the break. The English translation was obtained from Diana S from YouTube. Enjoy!

   
"At Least I Have You" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV from Icha74 on Vimeo.




"At Least I Have You" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV by icha74


At Least I Have You
Zhi Shao Hai You Ni
至少还有你  

Sung by Leslie Cheung

wǒ pà láibují, wǒ yào bàozhe nǐ
I’m afraid there won’t be enough time, I want to hold you
zhídào gǎnjué nǐ de zhòuwén, yǒule suìyuè de hénjì
Until I feel your wrinkles, having signs of aging
zhídào kěndìng nǐ shì zhēn de, zhídào shīqù lìqi
Until confirming that you are for real, until I lose power
wèile nǐ wǒ yuànyi
For you, I am willing

dòng yě bùnéng dòng, yě yào kàn zhe nǐ
Even if I cannot move, I have to watch you
zhídào gǎnjué nǐ de fà xiàn, yǒule báixuě de hénjì
Until I feel your hair line having traces of white snow
zhídào shìxiàn biàn de móhu, zhídào bùnéng hūxī
Until my eyesight becomes blurry, until I cannot breathe
ràng wǒmen xíngyǐngbùlí
Let us be inseparable

Reff:
rúguǒ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ fàngqì
If I can give up the whole world
zhìshǎo háiyǒu nǐ zhíde wǒ qù zhēnxī
At least I still have you to treasure
ér nǐ zài zhèlǐ, jiùshì shēngmìng de qíjì
And you are here is the miracle of life

yěxǔ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ wàngjì
Maybe I can forget the whole world
jiùshì bù yuànyi shīqù nǐ de xiāoxi
But I am not willing to lose news about you
nǐ zhǎngxīn de zhì, wǒ zǒng jìde zài nàli
The mole on your palm, I always remember it is there

wǒ pà láibují, wǒ yào bàozhe nǐ
I’m afraid there won’t be enough time, I want to hold you
zhídào gǎnjué nǐ de fà xiàn, yǒule báixuě de hénjì
Until I feel your hair line having traces of white snow
zhídào shìxiàn biàn de móhu, zhídào bùnéng hūxī
Until my eyesight becomes blurry, until I cannot breathe
ràng wǒmen xíngyǐngbùlí
Let us be inseparable


Reff:

rúguǒ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ fàngqì
If I can give up the whole world
zhìshǎo háiyǒu nǐ zhíde wǒ qù zhēnxī
At least I still have you to treasure
ér nǐ zài zhèlǐ, jiùshì shēngmìng de qíjì
And you are here is the miracle of life

yěxǔ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ wàngjì
Maybe I can forget the whole world
jiùshì bù yuànyi shīqù nǐ de xiāoxi
But I am not willing to lose news about you
nǐ zhǎngxīn de zhì, wǒ zǒng jìde zài nàli
The mole on your palm, I always remember it is there


wǒmen hǎobùróngyì, wǒmen shēnbùyóujǐ
It’s not easy for us, we can’t help it
wǒ pà shíjiān tài kuài,
I’m afraid time will pass too quickly,
bùgòu jiāng nǐ kàn zǐxì
Not enough time to see you clearly
wǒ pà shíjiān tài màn, rìyè dānxīn shīqù nǐ
I’m afraid time will pass too slowly, always worried that I’ll lose you
hènbude yī yè zhījiān báitóu,
I’d rather have my hair turning white overnight
yǒngbù fēnlí
Than being separated from you

Reff:

rúguǒ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ fàngqì
If I can give up the whole world
zhìshǎo háiyǒu nǐ zhíde wǒ qù zhēnxī
At least I still have you to treasure
ér nǐ zài zhèlǐ, jiùshì shēngmìng de qíjì
And you are here is the miracle of life

yěxǔ quánshìjiè wǒ yě kěyǐ wàngjì
Maybe I can forget the whole world
jiùshì bù yuànyi shīqù nǐ de xiāoxi
But I am not willing to lose news about you
nǐ zhǎngxīn de zhì, wǒ zǒng jìde zài nàli
The mole on your palm, I always remember it is there

zài nàli
it is there

zài nàli
it is there



High resolution MV

"At Least I Have You" - a Chor Lau Heung 1984 MV (High Res) from Icha74 on Vimeo.


"At Least I Have You" - A Chor Lau Heung 1984... by icha74


7 comments:

Tamuyen Truong said...

It's such a beautiful song Icha! I love the scenes you captured there, it goes together so well! They are so cute together!

Icha said...

Thank you my dear Tammy! I slept at 0330 last night because of some uploading problem of this MV, so glad that you like it!

Could you inform me whether you can stream both the normal-res and the high-res versions just fine? I don't know where you are, but since I think some places in Asia might find it difficult to stream the high res version, I uploaded the normal res version just now.

Also, I couldn't believe I haven't used the scenes where CLH was injured (the one at the inn)! That was massive, what he did; extending his hand to, I assume, SC for support...

Tamuyen Truong said...

I can stream both versions just fine! Haha, it's okay that you didn't use those scenes, of course that was a really big sign for Chor wanting Siu Ching's support, but this was such a wonderful piece! I think this song goes with what Chor thinks. If he doesn't have Siu Ching, I wouldn't know what he would do.

Icha said...

thanks for confirming the streaming, Tammy. Ah, you just fed me with another liner/thing about that fanfic you requested. I've written what SC would do if CLH was assumed dead... And we know CLH was very worried when Fell Cut kidnapped SC. But, as your line of thoughts, what if Fell Cut delivered her to the Bats instead... Chor's concerns would be hitting the roof, I think...

Tamuyen Truong said...

Yes that is true, but maybe you could make him act calm about this situation a little bit because he always does act calmly in rough situations. Or, you could revise and make it your own way.

Icha said...

You do have a point with CLH being a very collected person. Yet, there was one instance when he lost it: when he injured the Kams and indirectly enabled Zo to kill the Kam Brothers and blinded Madam Kam. He was very remorseful and went into a drinking bout. He even snapped at SC and Ying Man Lei who tried to take the wine from him.

I don't know if he'd react that way in the SC/Bat situation. Will see what the story tells me...

Btw, it's very nice to have someone to discuss these things here, Tamuyen! Thanks a lot for keep coming here!

Tamuyen Truong said...

Those are very good points! I love to see how this story comes out Icha, do it any way you want! And no problem, I love talking and giving feedback and ideas! I enjoy doing these things!